Coolant Leak Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is true b/c its pressure driven and at some point it just will fail, no doubt. I think its like 15psi or something to open.

Thing is - expansion tank never really getting completely full until engine heats up and you stop driving. Then all the extra flow tries to run away :)

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Ok

Here is a pic of the belly of my LR ( JUST IGNORE THE LEAKS) ...The area circled is where the coolant was/is coming from.. And it was a pool of coolant .. Which leads to Mike's theory that it is indeed the heater hose?

Attachments

• Cnv0146.jpg
    Cnv0146.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 95

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Another Pic: Do you guys remember when I said that I got coolant all in my hair? It was leaking all over the back of the trans...into my face and hair! From the area that I have circled here:

Attachments

• Cnv0149.jpg
    Cnv0149.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 99

Roverhound

Reaction score
Here's what happens when you get coolant in your hair!

Attachments

• DSC00564 (Small).JPG
    DSC00564 (Small).JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 94
D

dirtyjim

i noticed you still have the back coolant tank.i think they were changed out under warranty to the yellow tanks because of leaks or seams splitting.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Ummm

Dude Walter you have no hair ..Are u being serious about the coolant thing? If that is the case NO MORE WORKING ON MY LAND ROVER ....
Going from this... To no hair ?? AHHHHHH!!!

Last edited:

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All these pictures are making me think we need a "Personals" section :biggrin:

Where the leak is coming from, hmmmm....this is where it's leaking from after sitting for a while? Seems like there must be a hose loose somewhere. Wouldn't that be about straight down from the reservoir, or thereabouts? Check those clamps, and maybe you do have a hairline on the reservoir (which, dirtyjim is right, are notorious for breaking on trucks of our vintage)...but that's an easy swap I hear...

Andy

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Yeah that is what I was thinking too about the leak.. No personals needed Andy ( I am spoken for..Too bad he (Ryan) does not know a damn thing about cars ~ stupid lawyers :) ) I think I am going to delete that pic of me as well...Its gone.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL lucky him :biggrin:

And, lucky Mrs. Walter too -- my brother's a bald-by-choice-and-genetics too, and there is a certain dignity about shaving the head...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72