coolant leaking in LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did a pressure test for 30 min today, found no leaking

explained as "air pockets" issue

already ordered the UV dye, will do a long term leaking test and monitior

BTW any pic to show the crossover pipe?

thanks

stufrowin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part # LR018275
s-l400.jpg

hard to visualize with intake manifold in place. After I refilled my coolant form water pump replacement mine took a while to equalize and get all air out. It helped by filling from vent plug but still needed to add coolant for a few days until stabilized running front and rear heaters etc.

stufrowin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
0922162050b-1-1-jpg.6526

part is at bottom of picture, it was leaking at lower left corner of picture where pipe goes into motor, you can see the puddles of coolant on mine.

johnnwalters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, just had the water pump and crossover tubes (plus belt) replaced on mine (2010 with 154,000) yesterday. I could smell the coolant, observe some residue under the water pump, would add some coolant each week and could hear the squeal of the belt occasionally when accelerating. There were no drops under the vehicle so it was only while vehicle was pressurized that the leak occurred. Unfortunately I didn't have some of the specialized tools needed to replace the water pump so I had to take it to the dealer. Land Rover Cary, NC did a great job on the replacement.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh oh the leaking coolant is contagious.

I replaced the pump last month but did not replace the crossover. The LR4 left a 18" puddle of coolant in the garage overnight but now it does not appear to be leaking? Anyhow it is at the shop and have my fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA