Cooper Zeon LTZ Off-Road tires on Stock 19" Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am re-posting this thread from another (per suggestion from CaptainSpalding) to show the Cooper Zeon LTZ tires on stock 19" wheels. I thought about going with the 18" wheels from Compomotive (the only ones that fit the LR4's brakes), but decided to stick with the stock 19" wheels for now. As many of you know, off-road tire options for the stock 19" wheels are very limited, with the Pirelli Scorption ATRs being the usual choice. I found another choice, the Cooper Zeon LTZs, which are now being manufactured in the 255/55/R19 size. It is very tough to actually find them on the Cooper site, but I was assured by the company representatives that they are in production - it's just they have not updated their website. Though, you will see them listed there if you search by size.

I found a great source for the Coopers (and the cheapest) and was really impressed by their customer service. Check out:

http://www.treaddepot.com/tire/01410.html

I bought five tires (one for the full-sized spare) and just had them installed today. I have only driven about 8 miles, but I am VERY impressed at how great these tires feel on the highway and overall handling. I can't wait to try them out off-road in a couple weeks.

Here are a few pictures (don't mind the dirty rims!):

image_8.jpg

image_7.jpg

image_4.jpg

Last edited:

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great looking tires David. Very aggressive, yet civilized at the same time.

r'elise me

Reaction score
How's the highway noise compared to OEM? Eager to hear your long term report on varied terrain (mud, snow, sand). thank you for posting and glad to hear there's an agressive tread alternative finally. The mfr seems to rate it as a hybrid sport truck/AT tread. It looks pretty much solid AT to me.

Last edited:

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's the highway noise compared to OEM? Eager to hear your long term report on varied terrain (mud, snow, sand). thank you for posting and glad to hear there's an agressive tread alternative finally. The mfr seems to rate it as a hybrid sport truck/AT tread. It looks pretty much solid AT to me.

These tires are very capable off road. My buddy with an LR3 runs these and loves them. He's taken them to LR national rally in moab and Colorado many times along with our North Texas Rover club yearly rallies.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi r'elise me,

I have only had the tires since Friday, but have driven a bit on the highway and I love them. The road noise is no worse than the stock Conti 4x4Contacts. In fact, I actually think there is less noise and more stability on the highway. I love how they handle on the pavement and very excited to take them off-road. I will definitely keep everyone posted, as I will be off-roading the first Saturday in May.

I am very happy to finally have another off-road tire option for our 19" stock wheels.

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These tires are very capable off road. My buddy with an LR3 runs these and loves them. He's taken them to LR national rally in moab and Colorado many times along with our North Texas Rover club yearly rallies.
Hey ougrad1,

Thanks for the input. I know a couple people who have them on their LR3s and LOVE them. I hear nothing but great things on and off the road. I will keep you posted once I try them out off-road.

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut