Cooper Zeon LTZ Off-Road tires on Stock 19" Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daniel Hull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replaced my Zeons with Duratracs. I off-road a few times a year and never had any trouble with the Zeons, save for the piece of metal from a construction zone that cut through the tread. Duratracs seem slightly noisier but barely noticeable above the wind noise from my roof rack. For me the Duratracs are capable enough tires that the only reason to go to 18" rims would be to get an inch more ground clearance on 32" tires, but then you have to deal with so many other issues (spare tire carrying, clearance if suspension goes to bump stops, etc) that you have to REALLY want that 1" badly, just not worth it for me.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replaced my Zeons with Duratracs. I off-road a few times a year and never had any trouble with the Zeons, save for the piece of metal from a construction zone that cut through the tread. Duratracs seem slightly noisier but barely noticeable above the wind noise from my roof rack. For me the Duratracs are capable enough tires that the only reason to go to 18" rims would be to get an inch more ground clearance on 32" tires, but then you have to deal with so many other issues (spare tire carrying, clearance if suspension goes to bump stops, etc) that you have to REALLY want that 1" badly, just not worth it for me.
How do they look? Any pics?

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my duratecs for about a year, also very happy and a great option if you would prefer not to go 18" and all the issues that do me with that...

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any deals going on for some LTZ Zeon tires? Anyone know of?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tread Depot or Discounttiredirect are the two cheapest places I have seen them at ($219 + shipping at Tread Depot, $239 shipping included at Discounttiredirect).

Although Cooper often has rebates or special offers, they never seem to include the LTZ Zeons.

Roger619ca

Reaction score
Are there any deals going on for some LTZ Zeon tires? Anyone know of?

I just bought 4 255/55R19 tires for $654.57 delivered free to San Diego. Seems too good to be true, but says they deliver this Friday. Will let you know if any issues occurs.

crtfour

Reaction score
I just bought 4 255/55R19 tires for $654.57 delivered free to San Diego. Seems too good to be true, but says they deliver this Friday. Will let you know if any issues occurs.

Where did you order them from?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After months of stupid 1st-world problem, self agonizing consternation, I decided to pitch any 18" wheel ambitions and get a set of these Coopers. Between these and the Goodyear Duratracs, the whole speed-rating thing on the Duratracs had me hesitate, and the Coopers seemed like a slightly better choice for a vehicle that spends the majority of its time on pavement.

I came from a set of Michelin Premier LTX tires, which are probably the best street tires you can get for these Rovers. No idea how many miles were on them. They were installed by the PO and on my LR4 when I bought it 22,000 miles ago, so I'm going to guess they had around 40,000 miles.

First thoughts are that the Coopers are slightly noisier, but not obnoxiously so. Just an audible high-pitched whine at speed that wasn't there before. The Michelins set the bar here as they were drop-dead quiet.

Surprisingly, however, the Coopers feel a bit smoother on the road and soak up the bumps better. My guess is that the Michelins (which don't have much tread depth to begin with) just didn't have a whole lot of rubber to attenuate the vibrations. The Coopers have about 10x the tread depth as the Michelins did.

I'll post more thoughts as I have them longer. So far, I like them and they'll probably be perfect for what this Rover is for me and what I will do with it.

I actually off-roaded the Michelins, so I'm excited to see how better the Coopers are at that.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will be very happy with the Coopers, we have gone through a few sets of them on our LR3 and now LR4s. They are really good in the rain too. As a sales rep, I tend to drive fast and the Coopers handle very well at higher speeds.

However, I just went the other way and bought a set of the Premier LTX. My current set of very worn Coopers are really noisy on pavement but work great in soft sand when beach driving. The more they wear, the better they float in sand. So now I have 3 sets of tires & wheels...Nokians for winter, Coopers for the summer and Premier LTX for fall and spring.

My initial impression of the Premier LTX is that they are super quiet but feel soft. Coopers must have stronger sidewalls and are better at soaking up road bumps and seem to corner better at higher speeds. (I know, talking about "cornering at high speed" with a 6000 pound SUV sounds ridiculous)

Last edited:

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RyanJL,

My Duratracs will be here tomorrow.. Does this mean we are upgrading trails at the LR event next year?

Congrats on the new tires,

Mike

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut