cooper zeon ltz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are these tire discontinued? my local discount tire store says they are. I see them on coopers website. I also see them at tread depot. my tires need to be replaced and looking for a set of 19's tires.

Thanks,

I asked about the Goodyear wrangler silent armors and they wont install them due to load rating not within the LR4 spec.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Discount Tire keeps saying they are discontinued - been doing so for a year or two - because they don't carry the LTZs anymore, they have the similar Cooper's Discoverer ATPs on an exclusive basis now, at least for a while (they used to be exclusive distributors of the Zeon LTZs when those tires were originally introduced 5-6 years ago, you couldn't find them anywhere but Discount Tire), so they want to steer you in that direction instead. Of course, there is no good size of Discoverer ATP that fits our cars, but that's a different story.

Bottom line, if you want the Zeon LTZs go anywhere BUT Discount Tire... They aren't discontinued, but the employees at Discount Tire think they are because they are no longer in their system.

Last edited:

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
umbertob ,

thank you very much. I was pretty sure discount is wrong. I really hate that place but they are convenient.

DH 07

Reaction score
Not much to add to Umbertob, but as another data point that you may find helpful, I was able to find and install the Zeons in stock size just last week from a regional chain in the NY area - no issues at all concerning availability. I think some of the confusion (besides what your tire chain told you) also comes from the Cooper website, which lists only a handful of sizes.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All sizes are listed, but for some odd reason Cooper decided to split the listing between the "Light Truck" (E load range) and "Sport Utility" (XL load range) sections.

Disco4Play

Reaction score
I just purchased my set of Coopers Zeon LTZ'S from Discount Tire last month. No issues...

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys. I called another discount tire store they can get them. I am going to order them. I am also going to get my stock 19's powder coated black gloss.

Triumph

Reaction score
DH_07, I noticed you switched to the Zeons. I was just reading an older post where you put the 255/60-19 GY Wrangler Adventure tires on. Now that you have had both which do you prefer? I just got back from a fairly rocky off-road session in the stock Continentals and I was dismayed that the sidewalls look worse for the wear. Plus they are going bald at only 17,000 mostly highway miles. Did you like the Goodyear's and if so, why the change to the Coopers? Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut