D2 rear sunroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

campbell

My rear sunroof has been sticking. I have sprayed the rails with white lithium grease but that did not seem to help. It seems like it is either the switch or something sticking when it initially opens. It makes a pretty significant popping sound when it first opens. Is there some sort of adjustment for the sunroofs, or has anyone else had this problem and found a fix?

Thanks,

D

discomike

Beau,
It is either really dirty out out of alignment which will usually bend an arm and then your looking at a replacement.
Mike J.

C

campbell

Thanks for the info Mike... I think I will just leave it closed instead of replacing. If it happens to get stuck in the open position there is a way to manually close it, right?

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can figure out if it is the motor or the sunroof by removing the motor. To do this you need to remove all of the screws that hold up the plastic headliner on the ceiling. Then there are two screws that hold the motor in place. Once the motor has been detached, there should be no resistance and you should be able to manually close the roof.

If the roof will not close with your hands, you will need to replace the roof. If it does close, you will need to replace the motor.

D

discomike

I agree with sam,
Do your best to close it even if you have to have someone help it close while you push the button. Then leave it closed because if it breaks while opening you have had it.
Why don't you buy Sams complete and new sun roof, you won't find a better deal.
Mike J.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV