D2 won't shift out of park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

desmo118

I have a '99 D2 and it won't shift out of park. Right now, I'm manually depressing the solenoid but, that's getting old. I have brake lights but, I don't have any voltage to the solenoid. Any suggestions? Thanks.

D

discomike

Tim,
The only 2 things I can think of, and they may not help, would be to check and see if there is a fuse or relay down, or is there a separate wire coming out from the brake switch that goes to the solonoid that might be pinched or shorted?
Other than that I am at a lose on this one. Good luck.
Mike J.

D

desmo118

Thanks, I've got a manual on order, hopefully the schematics will show something. Until then I've taken the solenoid out. Tim

D

desmo118

Mike, Thanks for the advice. I found that the Transfer Box fuse in the main fuse box was blown. Thanks again.
Tim

D

discomike

Hey, I was running out of ideas and I guess you could say I had a good closing guess.
Glad it's up and starting again.
Mike J.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the button on the shift lever work? Can you press it in? Sometimes crap can get in the button and really foul things up.

D

discomike

Sam,
Where have you been, he found a fuse last week?? Just kidding though, how have you been, and when you going to visit our area so we can take you out and play?
Mike J.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah. Woops. Maybe my advice will help one in the future... I will be around within a month.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72