Differential bearings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, all

I finally ordered TT today (yeah, baby) but those bods aint selling bearings (go figure), so can someone (please? pretty please?) give me part number (Timken or NAPA?) so i can check in local NAPA store to see if they got them.

I really dont want to reuse old bearings (and pulling them out from old diff :)).

Cheers
Sergei

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Sergei,

Call randy at Ranys Ring and Pinion (http://www.ring-pinion.com) and he can get the Timken bearing you need for a really good price. Go with timken, they are far better than the NAPA bearings.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin, thing is - i just want to step into shop and grab them :) As oppose to sit and wait for little brown truck to arrive. I think my local UPS bods already hate me very much, for ordering all that heavy stuff (for some reason those folkz arent exactly athletic around here) - one shall not upset UPS driver :)

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Well randy can still get you the Timken part number so you can get them yourself

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well its all truned out just awesome. What a nice finish for pretty crappy week!

I ordered TT this tuesday from http://www.reiderracing.com/. And its friday and i got it. Not only they upgraded delivery to 3 day FedEx (free of charge and without even telling me :)) after i whined on how i like it to get it by weekend, but it turned out that TT box INCLUDED bearings. They got little note in there that states that LR suggested bearings arent really going to fit TT, so they supplying their own.

And they got best price on new TT i seen so far around. (383$)

So tomorrow i am getting busy with ripping broken old diff out and putting TT in - hooray. Not only getting stronger (and not broken) diff upfront, but also it should solve caster being off (however according to alignment bods - off by just hair).

I am happy as man who though that cat left him nasty surprize on plate, but it turned out to be just an extra big olive :)

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Sergei,

The TT won't solve your castor problems, but rather cover them up.

Justin

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin, correct, but i dont want angled front arms at the moment :)

Been thinking about getting QT ones from 4x4ag.com but then i decided to stick with differential for now - need to solve old vibes before introducing new ones :)

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV