Dim Center Instrument Display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, the first things that jumped out at me watching that video was the Russian language and the music. Those Russians love David Hasselhoff, he's like Michael Jackson over in Eastern Europe.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are your headlights set to? Off, always on, or auto? If they are set to auto, is the auto-function working, or are your headlights still on in the daylight?

Red Landie

Reaction score
I normally turn my headlamps on manually. I can certainly set them to automatic and see if they stay on during the daylight.

Red Landie

Reaction score
I tested the automatic headlamp function. It worked fine without any glitches. The LR4 is detailed by a professional detailer. Same one I have been using for years. I can assure you he doesn't use Armor All® products.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The IID Tool has a setting for the instrument pack related to Ambient Light … it's in the instrument cluster. It's possible there's a failure in the ambient light sensor that would make the vehicle think it's dark all the time which would dim the instrument cluster automatically? Usually that would throw a code but maybe it's something physical related to shadows, changes in the surface glare, etc.

"A single ambient light sensor is used to measure cabin lighting and adjust the backlight brightness of the instrument cluster accordingly. The instrument cluster also incorporates an anti-glare coating."

Attachments

• instrumentcluster.pdf
    169.2 KB · Views: 68

Red Landie

Reaction score
Where is the light sensor located that controls the center instrument LCD display? I already know where the light sensor is for the nav/audio/camera screen.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So to help read between the lines, is there any difference in the instrument display when the headlights are on or off?

Red Landie

Reaction score
Yes, activating the headlamps further dims the display, as I would expect. While I am still able to read the display at night, it is almost impossible to read during daylight hours, even with the headlamps off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV