Disabling 2014 ECO Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does eco stop/ start is active when the truck is put in a low range?
I would not like my engine being off when off roading.

If I recall correctly mine would keep running in low range. Eco mode typically is cut off in any mode other than simple Drive. Sport / Low Range the option cuts off.

Elej

Reaction score
Permanently disable ECO stop start

This worked on my 2015 LR4. Auxiliary battery is under hood below black cover. Remove Neg battery cable, system is completely off. BUT orange ECO light stays lit in the IP. If you press ECO button, message pops up in IP "ECO mode unavailable"

ECO mode is totally annoying. Intervenes too quickly, especially when parking, will **** motor 3 times on one parallel park. Would be tolerable if there was a slight delay before kicking in.

I may wind up reconnecting, though. The orange idiot light is almost as annoying and I can't bring myself to put electrical tape on a $60k+ vehicle.

I figured out how on my L405 and I am sure it will work on yours.

After months of HATING the system and having several close calls because of the system. I was determined to bypass it.

After doing lots of research on it, I finally talked to someone at JLR and told me it could be done but he couldn't tell me how (liability reasons)

Now for months I had been typing "Disable LAND ROVER intelligent Stop/start" into google and coming up with no success. It finally dawned on me to type JAGUAR instead of Land Rover into my search query and Voila. SUCCESS.

It seems that Jaguar owners discovered this trick about 2 years ago when the system was first intoduced.

They Intelligent Stop/Start system is linked to a separate smaller battery. On the L405 it is located in the luggage area behind a trim panel. All you have to do is unhook the Negative (-) lead from the battery to disable the system.

For safety sake I covered the whole lead with Electrical tape and wire tied it to the car, so it would not ground out anywhere.

It does not display any warning codes or error messages, it just disables the system.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 197

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if there is something that could be done about the Eco system itself or the dash light with your aux battery disconnect method with a newer IID Tool software update. I would be quite ****** off with a system I couldn't disable without resorting to these measures.

BMW and everyone else offer you the choice to disable the system entirely via the iDrive menu. Why can't Land Rover get on board with this?

david_h

Reaction score
This worked on my 2015 LR4. Auxiliary battery is under hood below black cover. Remove Neg battery cable, system is completely off. BUT orange ECO light stays lit in the IP. If you press ECO button, message pops up in IP "ECO mode unavailable"

ECO mode is totally annoying. Intervenes too quickly, especially when parking, will **** motor 3 times on one parallel park. Would be tolerable if there was a slight delay before kicking in.

I may wind up reconnecting, though. The orange idiot light is almost as annoying and I can't bring myself to put electrical tape on a $60k+ vehicle.

WOW, that's a super large battery. Is that battery just for the ECO system? talk about waste if disabling it.
Make sure that if you disable it nothing else will be affected.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't bring myself to put electrical tape on a $60k+ vehicle.

I see the tape! Great work around, might have to try this one. Keep us updated if the vehicle decides it doesn't like what you did.

yesman

Reaction score
When someone comes up with a solution to permanently disable my ECO switch please let me know via this thread.

I can't stand it.

Anyone else have any feedback?

disconnect the negative cable on the aux battery for the eco start stop system, this will disable the eco start stop.

zammmeti

Reaction score
To permanently disable the Intelligent stop start

To permanently disable the Intelligent stop start.
Simply remove the right rear interior trim panel in the luggage area, where the fuse panel is located. You just have to reach under and grab the handle and give it a good tug.
Inside you will see a small battery. Simply disconnect the negative lead off the battery. Once the lead is removed. tape it up with electrical tap so there is no chance of an electrical short and tie it so it won't move around. I just used zip ties.

replace the trim cover and enjoy .

No fault codes, no displayed error messages and most importantly NO MORE Intelligent Stop Start

I couldn't find anyone who had done this on a land rover, but it is a very common fix on the Jag's with the same system. I decided to try it and sure enough it works.

Hope this helps those of you were as displeased as me with the system.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi zammmeti, once done does the Eco disabled icon stay lit in the instrument panel?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV