Discovery SVX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...land-rover-discovery-gets-********-svx-roader

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad Land Rover decided to sell something which can be taken off road.

My question is how much it will cost?

Because my 2013 LR4 is a very capable off road machine. It came standard with long travel air suspention,, two speed transfer case, rear locking diff. and a great V8 engine.

It also came as standard with a special shifter lever for more precise gear selection.
To make it very capable for off road use I just put some tactical rovers full set of skid plates and rock sliders , hand-fitted by a local mechanic. I also hand-fitted myself front skid plate. Got 5 compomotive wheels and BFG tires.
I can check how much it cost me, but my worry is that well equiped Disco5 from factory for off road use will be way into range rover territory.
Otherwise it looks really good.
I can not wait for a new Defender .

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sole engine offered in the Discovery SVX is a 518bhp, 461lb ft version of JLR’s 5.0-litre supercharged petrol V8.

Interesting.

I too think this thing will be priced through the stratosphere though and way out of budget for most people looking to actually off-road the thing. $90k and up is my guess.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, at least the SVX addresses many of the reasons I couldn't spend $75K on a D5...V6, rotary shift wheel, really boring exterior. D5 just didn't look or drive like a $75K vehicle. But can I justify $90K for an SVX...I hope so.

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$90k is about right. Discovery base price in $50k.

RRS base is $65k, with SVR priced at $112k.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am interested in what they did on the long travel shocks and control arms.... we need that for LR4!!

I just drool at the long travel 5th gen 4runners I have seen.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72