Door Locks Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alti

Reaction score
I need some help with a door lock issue? I have a 2006 lr3 the front and rear right doors are having a locking issue. They sound and act like thay are working. You are locked in on the inside except when all the other doors are locked you can open those two from the outside. if the car is off it will sound the alarm. Not sure what the problem might be.... any help would be great.
Alti

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...are the child-proof locks engaged?

jcox1234

Reaction score
Sounds like the door latches need replaced. I had the same problem on my front right door. I replacec the latch mechanism, it now works great.

alti

Reaction score
...are the child-proof locks engaged?

Child locks are off first thing I looked at......

I checked the topix land rover workshop manual and thought it might be the exterior door handle release cable that connects to the door handle because they act like they want to lock but the outside doors continue to not lock......

alti

Reaction score
Sounds like the door latches need replaced. I had the same problem on my front right door. I replacec the latch mechanism, it now works great.

When you talk about the door latch are you talking about a complete door actuactor assembly?

I checked the topix land rover workshop manual and thought it might be the exterior door handle release cable that connects to the door handle because they act like they want to lock but the outside doors continue to not lock...... You can see the inside lock moving as you try to lock the doors with the remote or dash lock......Can one just replace that cable?

Thanks so much
Alti

jcox1234

Reaction score
Yes, I am referring to the actuator assembly. When mine was malfunctioning, it would move the door lock inside slightly, but would not lock the door. I bought a new replacement for ~$95. The worst part of the job is disassembling the window regulator.

alti

Reaction score
Yes, I am referring to the actuator assembly. When mine was malfunctioning, it would move the door lock inside slightly, but would not lock the door. I bought a new replacement for ~$95. The worst part of the job is disassembling the window regulator.

Hey thanks ...I saw that in the manual.......may be re-thinking that one.

paulruffo

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my 06 LR3. Do you know the part number for the LH front (driver) door lock actuator?

Thanks!
Paul

alti

Reaction score
door locks

I went to this site and was able to replace both passanger front and rear doors. The parts are used but mine are working just great. I had our auto body guy in town put them in....... He did say it was a pain to put them in. I was glad he wanted to do it!! He was very reasonable on his price too.
http://www.roverlandparts.com/LR3-door-latches-2.aspx
Very happy and my doors work great!!
Alti

jverbruggen

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2007 LR3 which is having a similar issue. Driver's door can be locked (with some difficulty) manually, but will not lock with the remote or manually from the inside. If I use the fob, all the other doors will lock, not the drivers, however it makes a noise like it's attempting to. If I use the fob to lock the doors, and manually lock the driver's door, then hit the lock button on the fob again, it end up unlocking the driver's door.Also seems strange. But the bottom line is the door resists being locked, even manually with the key. Can anyone provide some expertise?! Does anyone have instructions on how to remove the actuator? I removed the door panel once but wasn't sure where to go from there.... Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72