Driver's Seat Bottom Cushion Movement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdrakea

Reaction score
'16 LR4 Landmark and the bottom seat cushion on the driver's seat has a very slight movement with the inertia of the car during a start or stop. Drove me crazy at first, but now I've almost gotten used to it. Plan to have the dealership look at it during my first service, but curious if anyone else has experienced?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just the cushion itself or the entire seat that moves back and forth? I remember a similar issue a few years back with the seats of certain model year Sports, the whole seat moved slightly due to a defect in the railing design under the seat, which required tightening some cables and metal rails to get rid of that play.

rdrakea

Reaction score
Great question - and I really don't know for certain. I'm leaning towards the seat cushion because I only feel the movement underneath - not in my arms from the steering wheel, etc.

pabs406

Reaction score
I have had the same problem, but haven't had it inspected yet. As you stated, I also have gotten used to it already. Please update.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen posts about this. Mine does it (2013), or at least did it, I don't notice it anymore but it drove me crazy at first. It's the whole seat moving on the rails.

Flocker

Reaction score
My 2011 does this. Like others, i don't notice it anymore. I asked the dealer service guy about it and he basically treated me like the Princess & the Pea, saying something like "Trust me, you don't want us to pull your seat apart chasing such a small defect".

tenzer

Reaction score
My 2010 does this and it drives me crazy!!!! Land Rover has a TSB for Range Rovers that involves misaligning the seat frame rails to add some preload; this procedure improved my driver's seat approx. 25% :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA