Driver's Side Rear Cargo Compartment...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or heard from it.... :) As subs go, ours (I have the older HK Logic 7 system, but the speaker config is very similar to the Meridian, including sub location in the tailgate) is one of the, uh, subtlest I have ever heard, even at its loudest setting. It does its job, barely.

My Sub drives me nuts. I have the base HK stereo system and I have had a software glitch since day one. Basically at random times when I turn on my stereo (regardless of source input), the Sub is clearly not working. I know it is a software glitch because if I go in and change the Sub output level on the dash, either up or down, it fires up and plays.

Haven't seen or heard of anyone else with this, so I have dealt with this annoyance for the last 4+ years.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I'll check mine out to see if it does the same. As mentioned it is quite subtle. Are you sure the base system had the sub woofer?

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 7382 But that looks like a blower fan. Here is a shot of my 2010. No hitch strap but the ********* circular thing is the blower fan for the rear
I believe you only get the hitch receiver storage mount/strap if the vehicle came factory equipped with the tow kit. Otherwise, no convenient place to put that big chunk of metal without it breaking something. :(

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure you could probably purchase that piece. Although being an LR product it will cost more than any reasonable aftermarket solution.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the older style "plow" hitch. I don't believe these were ever mounted within that compartment on models with the third row. Not a real problem as it sits on the shelf in my garage when not in use. Saves lugging around 2 lbs lol.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I'll check mine out to see if it does the same. As mentioned it is quite subtle. Are you sure the base system had the sub woofer?

110% sure mine has a sub. It is night and day when it is on or off and the display has an adjustment slider too specifically for Subwoofer.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure you could probably purchase that piece. Although being an LR product it will cost more than any reasonable aftermarket solution.
I'd be interested in retrofitting the pieces (foam block, strap, anything else?) in my 2010 LR4. Anyone have the part numbers, or know where to find them in Microcat? Also would be nice to know if this is even possible?

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Sub drives me nuts. I have the base HK stereo system and I have had a software glitch since day one. Basically at random times when I turn on my stereo (regardless of source input), the Sub is clearly not working. I know it is a software glitch because if I go in and change the Sub output level on the dash, either up or down, it fires up and plays.

Haven't seen or heard of anyone else with this, so I have dealt with this annoyance for the last 4+ years.

I have this same glitch. I have the HSE Lux with the upgrade stereo. Sometimes it will do this and I have to 'touch' the sub volume in settings to make it turn on.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this same glitch. I have the HSE Lux with the upgrade stereo. Sometimes it will do this and I have to 'touch' the sub volume in settings to make it turn on.

Sorry to hear, but at least it's not just me! I haven't heard anyone else confirm this bug until you. It's an annoyance I have just learned to live with.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, but at least it's not just me! I haven't heard anyone else confirm this bug until you. It's an annoyance I have just learned to live with.

ya, same here. I dont think it happens very often, or if it does I have just learned to ignore it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick