E-brake lock-up!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about "gradual" but the dynamic function no $hit stops the vehicle! You guys should all try it once...

djkronik57

Reaction score
From recent extensive research on the EPB module and adjustment, I've figured out a few key things.

1. Squealing when engaging the EPB means the adjustment is not correct (too loose) and the motor will eventually jam by over tightening the threaded rod that pulls the cables. Depending how hard it jams, it can sometimes be unjammed.

2. If it cannot be unjammed through the unjam procedure in tools like the IID tool, you can attempt to manually unjam it by taking off the module cover and attempting to loosen the brass part on the threaded rod (this process is detailed in a thread on disco3.co.uk).

3. If the motor has not jammed yet, you can adjust the brake following bodsy's Bible and it should stop and avoid any trouble with the EPB module jamming.

4. Replacing the EPB module for a serious jam is $1000+.

5. If the EPB adjustment is too tight, it causes the shoes to drag, which may not be noticeable until high speeds, when the shoes heat up and the entire vehicle will start to shake. The vibration should go away after cooling off, but continued driving can damage the rotors and EPB hardware. I think a simple adjustment to slacken the EPB shoes should fix this (we will see, just had it happen to me).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi