ECO System Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up. My ECO start/stop system stopped working about a week ago and the warning light is on most of the time now. Took into the dealership. Apparently it has its own battery, which has gone bad after 2 years and 50K miles. This is a maintenance item. Over $600 to replace! $600 for a subsystem I don't even want! :stupid:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The main battery is covered by the same factory warranty as the rest of the car... How is the auxiliary battery any different?!? Or are you just past the 50k miles (which would reinforce my belief that factory batteries in these vehicles are engineered to fail a second or two after the warranty is up.)

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just past 50K. Happened about a month ago. 54K. I had the extended LR warranty but they said this isn't covered. That it is normal wear.

Lone Star landy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the auxiliary battery any different?!? Or are you just past the 50k miles (which would reinforce my belief that factory batteries in these vehicles are engineered to fail a second or two after the warranty is up.)

I think you are on to something! My factory battery died at just over 50k miles as well. Uncanny.

I had the extended LR warranty but they said this isn't covered. That it is normal wear.

Dan, they told me the same thing. They said it wasn't covered under my 100k mile warranty, only the original 50k mile warranty. So I was a bit angry and I was able to convince them that they needed to cover it seeing that I just crossed the original mileage limit a short time prior and I had an additional LR warranty. Luckily I had a pretty good SA.

Last edited:

JamesUSMC

Reaction score
I'm only a few years into the whole Range Rover world, but I'm a strong supporter of getting outside of the "dealership" if possible on non-warranty items. My 2015 Range Rover Sport had 25K miles on it and the brakes were shot. $1500.00 estimate to replace. Instead, I bought a better pad from Autozone and $1750.00 later (total for all 4 pads) were replaced. I traded that in on my current 16 LR4, which (you guessed it).. the battery died just after 50K miles. Estimate was $750.00 for the main battery. I found a local garage that had the systems to replace, and bought a top of the line battery for it - and less than $250.00 for everything and my LR4 is running like a champ. I noticed the 2nd battery in my system, and I'm assuming that's also bad now since my Eco Start warning light is on/off intermittently.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA