ECU (engine computer) Troubleshooting (3.9L)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

capthook

Great guide on ECU / Fuel injection here:

http://www.landroverclub.net/Club/HTML/ECU_check.htm

Note: This procedure should be similar on any engines using an flap for measuring the air flow. Those who use Lucas ECU box and an Hot Wire to monitor air flow are slightly different. We used this procedure successfully on many different cars. [highlight]But it's at your risk. And you may well damage a component beyond repair if you screw it up.[/highlight]

duke3

Reaction score
hi guys i am new i am having problems with landrover discovery 1997 i am working on this car
firts sparks no fuel fix that now the ecu was rusted out and was corroding i cleaned it now it back
fires and wont start i tried another computer from the scrap yard then no spark when i put back the
rusted computer back fire again so i got the secutity box and put back ecu from the scrap yard
and now backfire just like the orignal but still wont start does any one know moe about this problem

duke3

Reaction score
hi guys i am new i am having problems with landrover discovery 1997 i am working on this car
firts sparks no fuel fix that now the ecu was rusted out and was corroding i cleaned it now it back
fires and wont start i tried another computer from the scrap yard then no spark when i put back the
rusted computer back fire again so i got the secutity box and put back ecu from the scrap yard
and now backfire just like the orignal but still wont start does any one know moe about this problem

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV