Engine System Fault - Special Programs Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alan King

Reaction score
Hi.

I have a 2006 range rover sport which was parked up for a long period of time without driving. I had begun to drive it again recently but when pushing the accelerator up to around 100km/hr a warning light and 'Engine Systems Fault' or sometimes 'Special Programs Off' would come on with the immediate loss of power and speed. I would have to then pull over, turn off the engine, start up again to return to normal driving until I do the same thing again. This was a major problem as I had no confidence to overtake slow moving traffic.
I took it to service and they said that there was a turbo and EGR fault. I felt that i had no other choice but to replace them and it was done with quality tested used parts.
I got it back the other day and now when I accelerate hard to around 100km/hr the message 'Engine Systems Fault' comes on but now with no loss of power.
Other times the 'Special Programs Off' message will show and I will lose power and have to pull over.
Warning light does not show anymore.
Dealer says that it could be problem with parts I got but feel that the problem could be something else...

Hopefully someone here can she'd some light on the problem.

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut