Engine System Faults - Any Ideas??? 145000miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

conerly

Reaction score
I have an LR3 2005 with just over 145000 miles. Car is great, except recently I got an "Engine System Fault"... "Cruise Control Unavailable". The car lost throttle and top speed was about 20 on the way to the dealer. Dealer replaced the air flow sensor and reset all of the warnings. Today, same fault senario, dealer wants to replace the throttle body. Has anyone had this happen and is there a way this can be diagnosed properly?

DC

tommithy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I trust that they are pulling the codes from the computers to determine what tripped the alarms right? That will pretty much tell them what system to be looking at. I thought that it would give even more detail and narrow down exactly what the problem is but I could be wrong on that.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, 145K miles. That is impressive!

Agree with timmithy. The on board diagnostic codes should point the technician to the issue. Please keep us posted.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At $145K I am guessing this is on your nickel.

Just curious what they are charging you for the debug and service?

Its things like this that'll scare me about keeping it past 100K miles. I'm at 70K now with an extended warranty and loving it. But, I've yet to find a non-dealer option for reading out the error codes and providing anything but non-routine service. Can non-LR shops read these error codes & diagnose?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some similar symptoms, it was a corroded connector in the main (FIOS?) wiring harness.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do wish that LR would've paid more attention to protecting the wires and their connectors on this rig. There are wires all over the place under it. I spent some time taping wires and also covering them with plastic tubing...but there were some spots I couldn't get to. Where is the FIOS harness, Nathan?

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that FIOS is an acronym for FIber Optic System, but I thought it was used primarily for coordinating the radio/nav/entertainment system....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV