Engine Systems Fault - LR3 - Power Loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hera Miah

Reaction score
I have a 2006 LR3.

Intermittently (getting more and more regular) I start the car fine, but get the messages 'Engine Systems Fault' and or 'Special Programs Off'. I then have power loss and the needle rarely moves from idle no matter how much i press the peddle. After a few restarts - it runs fine. However, its starting to pop up with those messages with power loss on occasions when i am driving. So far i have changed air filter, cleaned maf sensor, tried a new throttle - the problem came back after a day of good driving.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a new one to me. I suggest buying an IIDTool so you can get a read in the faults being generated.

Globetrotter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like a blocked fuel supply or a bad connection to injectors or pump. How good is the battery and alternator

Hera Miah

Reaction score
sorry for the late reply. i am still having the issue and probably taking it to land rover ($$$) today as i am sick of it now. i have tested and replaced so much in the car - when it does run, it runs like a ***** cat. however, intermittently still goes into limp mode with "engine system fault" appearing.

i will double check "blocked fuel supply" and also the battery - though the battery is only a year old.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be interested to see what the dealer says when you get it back.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is bad o2 sensors (think that was the name) or issues with the catalytic converter. This was a frequent problem with my 05. Your dealer will know

Landroverman

Reaction score
My 2005 LR3 has a failing engine as well. Have you run a compression test? I have 125K miles on mine and I discovered that three cylinders have sub-par compression, which results in stumbling and power loss until the vehicle warms up.

Hera Miah

Reaction score
Hello all,

finally fixed my car. after all these months - turns out i needed both the oxygen sensors replacing. frustrated it took so long in diagnosing and i think i spent more time and money that was actually needed after trying to many different things.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut