Extended Warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have about another 6 months left until I hit 50k, and would like to keep the LR3, if I can can get a quality extended warranty that won't break the bank.

Thanks for the advice!

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my 2008 LR3 I asked the same question. They are using someone that Land Rover now recommends - I'll have to get their name - but to extend out to 7 years/100,000 miles it's about $3300.
Ford offers an Extended Service Plan warranty as well and for the Premium Care plan with the same years and miles is about the same price online. The Premium Care though covers a hell of a lot as I looked into it extensively when I was planning to buy a 2010 F-150 Supercrew Lariat while deployed. The Land Rover won out though...

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Working on it and will let you know as soon as I've got an answer back. The dealership I bought my LR3 is the Land Rover Bedford dealership in Bedford, NH, part of the Goodwin Motor Group. I should hear back tomorrow.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the info I've received. It has been edited to remove non-pertinent content.

"Hi, the warranty company we use is Continental. They offer the ultra care warranty ,that has zero deductible,covers all but normal wear and tear items ( wiper blades,tires,brake pads). They also include towing and roadside assistance.
For a vehicle that is still under factory warranty you can purchase a 7 year (from original in service date) 100,000 mile plan for 4197. There are other plans available as well. The 7 year 100 is the most popular.
So as long as you have some factory warranty remaining you can purchase the extension.
Once a vehicle is out of factory warranty then the plans change. An example is you can purchase a 3 year 36,000 mile plan with the same coverage for 4130. A vehicle inspection is also required which costs an added 200.

Mike Spolsino
Land Rover Bedford

603 623 8500
Fax 603 623 8558
[end quote]

As I remember, the cost was $3300 for the 7 year/100,000 mile extended warranty listed above. Mike Spolsino is listing it here at $4197 so I'm possibly remembering what I read for the Ford Premium Care ESP online.

Here is the link to an earlier thread I read on this site discussing extended warranties:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17647

I will be very interested to see how everyone makes out with their extended warranties and who offers the best one - service and price. I have a bit over a year until my current factory one expires. Either way I think they are worth it in the long run, if you plan to keep your vehicle and drive it extensively.

Those are my thoughts! I know that there are far more experienced experts here on this site than me so would appreciate their input too.

xconcepts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's another thread in here about the extended warrenty. Ford ESP is the cheapest that gets you I believe the exact warrenty you would get through Land Rover. My warrenty through a 3rd party runs out in Feb and i was quoted 2200 for a 3yr/36K through ford thats bumper to bumper.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done a side-by-side comparison of the best available extended warranty plans? It would be interesting to see.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the info I've received. It has been edited to remove non-pertinent content.

"Hi, the warranty company we use is Continental. They offer the ultra care warranty ,that has zero deductible,covers all but normal wear and tear items ( wiper blades,tires,brake pads). They also include towing and roadside assistance.
For a vehicle that is still under factory warranty you can purchase a 7 year (from original in service date) 100,000 mile plan for 4197. There are other plans available as well. The 7 year 100 is the most popular.
So as long as you have some factory warranty remaining you can purchase the extension.
Once a vehicle is out of factory warranty then the plans change. An example is you can purchase a 3 year 36,000 mile plan with the same coverage for 4130. A vehicle inspection is also required which costs an added 200.

Mike Spolsino
Land Rover Bedford

603 623 8500
Fax 603 623 8558
[end quote]

As I remember, the cost was $3300 for the 7 year/100,000 mile extended warranty listed above. Mike Spolsino is listing it here at $4197 so I'm possibly remembering what I read for the Ford Premium Care ESP online.

Here is the link to an earlier thread I read on this site discussing extended warranties:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17647

I will be very interested to see how everyone makes out with their extended warranties and who offers the best one - service and price. I have a bit over a year until my current factory one expires. Either way I think they are worth it in the long run, if you plan to keep your vehicle and drive it extensively.

Those are my thoughts! I know that there are far more experienced experts here on this site than me so would appreciate their input too.

Very helpful...I will be calling Continental soon.

Thanks again. :biggrin:

LRB

Reaction score
GO with the Ford ESP. I got 4yrs/48k miles EXTRA CARE for $2700. I got it at 67k which means im covered till 115k miles. In the first 2 months I have had over $3500 worth of work done to my 2005 lr3. Bushings,a/c compressor, ect...The BEST PART is that FORD never gives any problems paying. THE LR dealer loves them and so do I. I got my money back and still have 3yrs 6months left on that warranty. This one will cover the air compressor too. They also reimburse for loaner car/ rental and travel expense and road hazard.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi