First problem: A/C cuts out while idling or moving slowly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildewinds

Reaction score
Now that it's summer again, this issue still keeps popping up for me.

Anyone else solve it? They replaced the fan and the clutch, but that didn't do it.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Refrigerant level was good?

I assume that the refrigerant level was OK. A dealer would not replace the fan and the like without checking refrigerant levels or topping up I would think. I recently had a new electro viscous fan installed as the clutch was not working properly - would lock, but not unlock - nothing to do with an AC, just roaring fan noises.

A couple of summers back, I had my dealer top up the refrigerant level when it was low. He also added some of that UV dye to the fluid just so if a real leak developed, (rather than just low over time), it might be easier to find.

stl8grey

Reaction score
Were you able to figure out the issue? My LR4 does the exact same thing. Was evac'd, vac and recharge and still same issue. Low side gauge reading is 53. High side is 210. At night blows cold, into the 40s. During the dat 68* is a dream at highway speeds.

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reviving an old thread... Anyone else having issues when idling or driving slow? When moving air blows cold, when idling or in stop and go traffic, warm air blows. Just ticked over 90K miles.

Not sure if I need a new compressor or...

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every spring I top up the Freon in the AC. It always needs topping up - never empty, but never full either. A fill is a lot cheaper than a compressor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV