Front Runner Roof Rack on OEM Rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

backcountryLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m beginning to wonder why LR even bothered with the long rails then… But I also have to admit I don’t really understand why you say:

The rails are just the same all along to my eye… This is getting frustrating:(.

Seriously...
I am not looking forward to buying and installing the short rails prior to even being able to mount the Prospeed rack.

That is the only rack I want to pursue. Seems to be the best of all options I want in a rack. Low-profile, full access to sun-roof, super easy to remove tent bar option will work great with a RTT and ski-rack, plus plenty of options including movable floors.

If it were easier(and cheaper), I would have done it already.
I'll prolly do it in the next couple months, just not thrilled about dropping $2k+ on a rack setup. Been an expensive year with 5 compos and KO2s already...

XLR8TOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@backcountryLR4 I know what you mean...I've bought the ProSpeed ladder, front protection, rack, compos, and KO2 as well in just a few months of ownership...I've spent more on this rig than the Jeep I had for 6 years. Oh...and just had the front brakes done....that hurt.

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the only rack I want to pursue. Seems to be the best of all options I want in a rack. Low-profile, full access to sun-roof,
@backcountryLR4, for now at least, you can’t open the sunroof with a full set of floors on. I’ve actually called ProSpeed and asked them to consider raising the front part of the rack ever so slightly (0.5 inch will probably do it, they say, perhaps even less). One could then, for example, put on the left- and right-hand front floor board (and walk on them), while taking the central one out (and having nearly full use of the sunroof). They’ve promised to look into the matter. Although they say as well that the floor boards are not necessary for carrying stuff, which is some consolation. Still, being able to walk on the rack is an advantage, as is the ability to enjoy sunlight (and a means of evacuation if you roll over:)).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA