Front Windshield Leak

Discussion in 'LR3' started by whydahdvr, Oct 20, 2015.

1. whydahdvr

whydahdvr Full Access Member

Not sure what the brand of replacement glass is but my Independent Shop said it's a bit smaller than the original and the glass shop set it about 1/4 - 1/2 in too low. They're going to talk to the glass shop tomorrow and work with them to get the insurance company to pay for the correct OEM windshield. Massachusetts has a state law that our vehicle insurance has to cover glass replacement (no deductible - a safety issue) at the same quality level as OEM. In this case the replacement isn't quite as high a quality because of the slightly smaller size.
    Will let you all know how it turns out.

2. schwaggy

schwaggy Full Access Member

I recently replaced my glass (and last year on my Disco), and while I don't know if it's the law here in WA, my insurance carrier certainly likes you to have good glass. It's the same $100 deductible whether I chose Pilkington OEM or Land Rover branded Pilkington (they call it dealer glass). I of course chose dealer glass and it was a perfect fit.

3. Kari Hardarson

Kari Hardarson New Member

I have been experiencing wet carpets on my 2005 LR3. After plugging the holes on both sides of the windshield without matters improving I took it to a shop. They pressurized the car and applied foam to the windows, and saw bubbles coming out from the top. They then removed the windshield. This is what they found:

lr3 framruda.jpg

PS: It is apparently possible to pressurize a Land Rover, despite all jokes about cats escaping with the doors closed..

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 11:48 AM
  4. Houm_WA

Houm_WA Full Access Member

I'd be looking at your sunroof drains and your windshield cowling...