Front Windshield Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the brand of replacement glass is but my Independent Shop said it's a bit smaller than the original and the glass shop set it about 1/4 - 1/2 in too low. They're going to talk to the glass shop tomorrow and work with them to get the insurance company to pay for the correct OEM windshield. Massachusetts has a state law that our vehicle insurance has to cover glass replacement (no deductible - a safety issue) at the same quality level as OEM. In this case the replacement isn't quite as high a quality because of the slightly smaller size.
Will let you all know how it turns out.

schwaggy

Reaction score
I recently replaced my glass (and last year on my Disco), and while I don't know if it's the law here in WA, my insurance carrier certainly likes you to have good glass. It's the same $100 deductible whether I chose Pilkington OEM or Land Rover branded Pilkington (they call it dealer glass). I of course chose dealer glass and it was a perfect fit.

Kari Hardarson

Reaction score
I have been experiencing wet carpets on my 2005 LR3. After plugging the holes on both sides of the windshield without matters improving I took it to a shop. They pressurized the car and applied foam to the windows, and saw bubbles coming out from the top. They then removed the windshield. This is what they found:

lr3 framruda.jpg

PS: It is apparently possible to pressurize a Land Rover, despite all jokes about cats escaping with the doors closed..

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be looking at your sunroof drains and your windshield cowling...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA