Gaskets...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Just to make sure, I don't need a gasket for the oil pan correct? The dealer looked at me funny like I was supposed to have one. Also is black permatex alright to use?

Thanks!

Justin

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do actually. There are two kinds - cork and rubber. I used cork.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Ahhhh.....thanks thats probably why its leaking then. There wasn't a gasket on it and 2 different types of RTV was used! Doh! So, where can I get a good price on a gasket?

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are under 10$.. Either one of them online rovershops will give it to you. I got mine from britishpacific.com where i am normally shopping for parts. Being in Santa Barbara you can just walk to their shop (they have one of shops somewhere close to my recollection) and get it. They have about best prices for lots of stuff and shipping promptly.

If you feel like waiting a tad - you can get it from any shop like RoversNorth or AtlanticBritish or NorthEast.. But i would think you need it pretty soon - so just give them a phone call. 800 554-4133

Oh and i used black RTV and cork gasket on mine - seems to be holding well so far :)

S

SNNIPER

Justin It Is Always Better To Use Gaskets As If You Dont Prep The Area Well The Gasket Sealers May Not Seal Properly And Wammo It Will Leak. I Also Would Probley Go For The Rubber As It Seems To Last Longer As They Dont Dry Out And Crack.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72