Gear Box Not in Park Warning!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GBRover

Reaction score
Still optimistic that the software fix sometime in June will eliminate the problem. So strange, only occurs about 25% of the time. I can go almost a whole day without it happening.

Arque..... did you invoke the lemon law with this issue? Status.

Arque

Reaction score
Land Rover North America communicated just a couple of hours ago...

... "Although this issue is currently under investigation with a software fix slated to be released at the end of June, we believe this does not substantially impair the use and value of your vehicle nor do we believe this issue creates a "serious safety hazard" as defined by the Texas Lemon Law."...

"Serious Safety Hazard" is a legal term that has a very specific legal definition. "IF" it's still under investigation, how can they be sure it "DOESN'T" present said hazard? It could be argued that "safety" is a matter of perception. Walking across a cable strung between 2 tall buildings is "safe" for the Wallenda Family.

We DID initiate the Lemon Law, as well as communicated with the Finance Co., who has also taken the matter up directly with the Dealership. There is an initial offer of "inconvenience" reimbursement also included by LRNA.

The more voices that speak on this issue, the closer to resolution we can get.

Regardless of outcome on this, its NOT the hassle expected when purchasing an $80,000 vehicle. This is RR #10 that has been purchased within the family in the last 16 years. VERY disappointed with this one.

GBRover

Reaction score
Arque and others.... not fun going through all of this. As you say, $80,000 for a car and you would hope that this does not have to happen, or could be fixed easily and proactively! I have owned LR products for some years now and for the moment want to remain optimistic that a fix is on the way! After all..... I think we all do genuinely love the vehicles.

Good luck all.

Arque

Reaction score
Update...
Fix slated for the end of June. Texas Lemon Law requirements will have been met in every aspect by mid month, as they refuse to offer a loaner.among all the other requirements.

GM of dealership had the gall to raise his voice to the Coordinator for the State. Probably doesn't help LRNA's case with the state I live in.

Really been a hassle going thru this. May have to switch to Porsche moving forward.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per the UK D5 forum:

A technical bulletin has been released for this today: LTB01077

Cause: Body Control Module (BCM) software issue causing a false message to be displayed on the IC

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut