General thoughts on buying a 2011 LR4 with 100k miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a pretty clean 2011 LUX with 100k thats been maintained especially well I might sell and Im about a day away from you. PM Me if you want to chat.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Don't Do it. Have an 08 LR3, I lived in Montana for 1 year in Bozeman. Trying to get it repaired with 1 shop in town that works on them and the dealer 500 miles away. The only real options for parts is NAPA. Good luck on getting codes updated. Don't do it...

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't Do it. Have an 08 LR3, I lived in Montana for 1 year in Bozeman. Trying to get it repaired with 1 shop in town that works on them and the dealer 500 miles away. The only real options for parts is NAPA. Good luck on getting codes updated. Don't do it...

I've had an LR3 or LR4 since 2005. Haven't been to a dealer in 10 years or so, so......

Seb1

Reaction score
My LR4 is the 4.0 Ltr Ford V6 engine, GCC spec as I am in the UAE. 2009 - 11 LR4s were under Ford's ownership at the time, I believe. The engine economy is terrible 22MPG (that's a UK not a US gallon), that said, because the engine is a US FORD engine it will last for years. Its easily accessible to maintain.
I bought mine at 95,000 Miles and its now done 100,000 (166k Km). It was regularly serviced. It needed a new air compressor for the suspension and a new front left CV boot outer only. Check underneath the steel plate as mine had flexible transmission pipes that simply needed the jubilee clips on the hoses tightening up. Also, the centre middle rear seat rattles and I keep it folded to stop the rattle.
I am hoping for a decent fix for that one on this forum. Best of luck with your hunt for a vehicle. It's worth it. They are a lovely drive.

Chipper

Reaction score
I just got a 93k mile 2011 LR4 HSE for 19,500, but that seems to be out of the norm. If you look at the KBB value, under 20k is well below fair price. One reason I bought it was that I thought it had the HD package with the locking rear differential. Despite an unlocked picture of the rear showing up on the screen with the 4x4 menu up, it actually has an open rear diff. Don't get fooled about that like I did. Still happy with the purchase so far. Other than the fact that I'm about to drop over $500 for a spare key...

HuskerBred

Reaction score
I picked up a 2011 LR4 HSE LUX with 84K miles a month ago for $21,300, so I don't know if the price is really that far off. Around me they seem to sell below KBB, but I think KBB always prices higher than real life and helps the seller more than the buyer. As for the key, I bought one of the 30 dollar replacement keys off of ebay and had it programmed by the dealer for $200. Actually, I had my local shop do it but they deprogrammed my original key, "bricked" my car and had to tow my Rover 75 miles into Indy so the dealer could program both keys. The dealer was irritated I had a local shop work on it and had them make an appointment for 2 weeks later. They showed up with the windows down and snow in the forecast, so the service manager decided not to **** off a future customer and had them back the truck into the shop and took care of it. I'll have to drive up there and do some damage control before I get some real work done....

BznLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both Auto Works (Four Corners) and Auto Stop (Bozeman) work on Rovers and do good work. In particular, I like Auto Stop. There are a lot of Rover owners in Bozeman, happily keeping them running. The only real problem is lack of warranty support (only a dealer 500 miles away can provide warranty support).

vulf

Reaction score
Both Auto Works (Four Corners) and Auto Stop (Bozeman) work on Rovers and do good work. In particular, I like Auto Stop. There are a lot of Rover owners in Bozeman, happily keeping them running. The only real problem is lack of warranty support (only a dealer 500 miles away can provide warranty support).
I'm in Bozeman frequently so it's nice to know there are some good options there. I should do some digging to see what we have here in Missoula. I don't mind not having a dealer nearby, and I can do basic maintenance, but it would be nice to have a knowledgeable shop to take it to for more involved work. I've upped my budget and started looking at lower mileage trucks.

Would it be a mistake to get a ppi from a LR dealer? Would an independent shop be a better choice or does it not matter?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

armozo

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am in the same boat. I have located a 2010 HSE with 80k miles... asking price $18500. I think it is priced well, the only hold back for me is vehicle records. I have an appointment to see it for next Wednesday and will talk to the sales guy today, as I am currently in the UK. He says there are records that he can share with me.

What would you guys recommend I ask about? I am planning to hit the following:

Timing chains and tensioners
water pump
control arms
brakes
fuel pump
fuel injectors

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members