HDC, ABS Fault and Transmission Fault, special programs disabled.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyeezy

Reaction score
2008 Range Rover Full Size SC 4.2L L322

I had a previous reply to someone else’s thread where I replaced the battery and brake light switch and it temporarily fixed problem but problem came back within a few days. Below is a permanent fix with all the details. Hope this helps and saves all fellow RR owners lots of $$$$.

Problem/Symptoms: include all the Christmas lights error on dash on start up. ABS error. Cannot change to special driving modes, cannot raise suspension, drives in lowered. (The squeak squeak squeak sound on Rear after shutting off truck) Suspension error.
Lost about 2mpg on overall mpg.

Solution: I ended up taking it to LR dealer to diagnose the problem and they charged me $210 to check it. They tell me it will require a replacement and reprogramming of the Locking Rear Differential Actuator Motor.
Part number: LR032711
They wanted $1280 to do the job, with no promises on the suspension error.
1. I did some homework online and found the part online at LRDirect for $330 shipped.
2. Ordered it and had my mechanic buddy I went to HS with replace it.
3. Replacing requires raising the truck on lift/Full. ( I didn’t need to drop the differential using this method)
4. Make sure the passenger rear wheel hangs so you have clearance to the 4 hex bolts holding in the diff actuator motor, in the center. Shine a flash light through the wheel well towards the Differential. Have a long extension, preferably something longer than 24 inches. The correct size hex driver to remove the 4 hex bolts that hold the motor in. Disconnect the electrical twist connector on the left side of truck. Remove the 4 hex bolts carefully. Don’t strip them. You may need a short ratchet wrench to break the bolts right at the differential. Before Unscrewing the bolts from the right wheel well.
5. Once all 4 bolts are removed. Carefully remove the motor from the right side above the exhaust.
6. Install the opposite. I didn’t put any RTV on it since it doesn’t need it. Just make sure the O-Ring is on the new Motor on the center spline.
Hand tightened the bolts, I didn’t t torque it down. Not required.
7. The is very important!!
Once I started the truck up, I had a shop computer to reset the error codes but nothing cleared the codes. I had to cycle it on and off 3-4 times. Then put it in gear then park and turned off. Next start up, All error lights gone and now raises and lowers fine. No more squeaking sound from the rear after shutdown.

Good luck and I hope this saves you lots of time and money $$$$!

Post any questions you may have. I assisted in the entire replacement process. Very easy and completed in approx 45 min start to finish with the correct tools.

Last edited:

Kyeezy

Reaction score
Yes sir, next parts replacement for RR, I’ll have to video. There isn’t enough quality videos and threads for LR owners that aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty to learn and save $$$$

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72