Heavy coolant leak / failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christianmotox

Reaction score
Mine is at 67000,
Yes, i replaced the crosover that was actually my issue, but i replaced the pump too Since i was going to have everything disasembled.

stufrowin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw you said it disintegrated, did you replace the crossover in the rear of the engine right in front of the firewall? My understanding is there are 2, the one in front that we switched out and the one in back that looks to be a bigger challenge to change. I didnt, but I saw some jaguar owners recommending it when replacing the front one. I just replaced my pump so I didn't put a new one in.

Christianmotox

Reaction score
Thanks. Its at the bottom of the first picture I should have taken a close up but you could flex the plastic and the seam would open up 1mm or so. It was leaking above #3 at the junction corner View attachment 6528

This is the one i replaced, down where number 3 is where the plastic seperated.

There is also a small plastic piece that goes to the oil cooler under the plenum.

stufrowin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The part I was trying to think of is called
Screenshot_2016-10-08-16-16-59.png
the heater manifold LR077042. Just wondering if anyone has had this fail on their LR4. Seems common in the Jaguar but the LR tech told me not so much in LR4. I hope he's right.

Christianmotox

Reaction score
No, havent had an issue with that part. Lets hope its isolated to jaguar cars only.

MichaelKes

Reaction score
Recently my 2011 LR4 gave a similar problem. I received a message on the dash saying "performance restriction" then my car started to lose power and eventually turn off. Shortly after it started smoking after the car was left alone in a parking lot and stopped smoking we tried to see what the problem is but couldn't figure it out. If you just turn the ignition gasoline starts to spray down from where the intake manifold is. The problem sounded similar so I was wondering if I could have some help with this

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spraying gasoline is not similar to a coolant leak. You have a ruptured fuel line, fuel rail or injector failure.

MichaelKes

Reaction score
The thing is my coolant was also empty. My huge didn't show that the vehicle was overheating at all. If anyone can give advice or has heard of a problem like this I'd appreciate all the help I can get

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 LR4 70k

3k miles ago replaced failing Water pump with URO from AB(rear oil cooler pipe and o rings as well)

I know it's a bit late, but since I didn't see anything mentioned previously... ÜRO is well known in the aftermarket parts world to be the worst of the worst. Absolute junk. PLEASE do not install any ÜRO-brand parts which are critical to vehicle function. Other known poor-quality part vendors are APA, FEQ, Hamburg, MTC, and Trucktec; to name a few. Click here for a comprehensive list on a forum of a different marque, the same basic information still applies to Land Rover. Be careful out there... if the price sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Edit - if you spend some time on Google, you'll find many entertaining reports of ÜRO part failures across various makes / models.

:(

Last edited:

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this does not give me comfort... I replaced a Beck/Arnley water pump that lasted 6 weeks and 4k kms with a Uro....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72