Help my horn wont stop sounding?? Alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marque989

Reaction score
Same horn issue

Hi there I had this same issue just the other night, disconnected the battery and reconnected next day, and it was fine for about 4 hours then it started blasting again in a long continuous sound like someone was holding horn on. I checked my horn buttons and they were fine, has anyone replaced the whole horn button assembly behind airbag on steering wheel and did this help?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If not the horn buttons, then it is probably the hood sensor, check it and make sure it is adjusted high enough.

Marque989

Reaction score
To all out there with this issue I went an had my hood sensor checked and it was fine, but the Rover mechanic said it was the Horn/Cruise control relay that was causing the issue, it was a $12.00 part that is in the engine fuse box a little square yellow box that just plugs in, he said he has seen a few of these on Disco 1 & II, the relay shorts out.

Hope this helps for those still searching for a fix.

Marque989

Reaction score
Hey Joey just wanted to Thank you for the great advice on the Hood sensor as I thought mine was the relay but that turned out to be Not the issue, as my horn started same issue again, this time I went to dealer and got New hood sensor and replaced it, presto problem solved. Once again Thanx for the great advice.

Marque P.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72