Help on LR3 wiper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope I can explain this well.

This morning there was some ice on my LR3. When I turned the ignition on, auto sensor kicked in and wiper started moving. The problem was that the driver side wiper somehow was stuck while the passenger side wiper went full cycle.

I turned it off, took some ice off and started again. Now both are working fine but the driver side wiper is off angle - meaning the range of movement is moved toward bottom - meaning it stops a couple of inch below where it used to park.

Not being a mechanic, I am not sure how it even happened. I thought if one is stuck then the other wiper shouldn't have moved?

Anyway, my question to LR3 experts is..... Is it easy as just take the wiper arm off, change angle and put it back or something must have broken (since one wiper was moving and the other was not) and I should have dealer look at it?

Thanks for replies in advance.

- Brian

lfr

Reaction score
I would put it back in place and tell the dealer at your next service

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not done it with the rover but this has happend on other vehilces and I have always just poped the wiper arm off the motor and lined it up where I want it and pop it back on. There may be a tab but I doubt it. I think the vw had a tab but I can't remember. Don't crack the winshield but get ahold of it.

Last edited:

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I looked at it again and I could move wiper arm while the motor stands still. It must have been loosened somehow. So, while the driver side wiper arm was stuck this morning, both driver and passenger motors were working, meaning no broken parts inside.

I popped a plastic cover, adjusted angle and tightened the bolt and it looks good now. Hew~ Thanks for your support, guys.

Lesson learned: Do NOT leave auto wiper On during winter time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV