hi kindred souls!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doctor Sal

Reaction score
I am thrilled to be a part of this forum as I, like probably many, wanted a LR for over 40 years before being able to get one. Much to the angst of my husband, I love my Rover more than any vehicle I've ever had. I have a 2006 HSE, with about 89K miles on it. It was bitter cold here in Maine (-20F) and while going up a hill I heard a sharp bang towards the rear passenger side. Tire was fine but now I am getting error readings on my dash display re. license light being out and a "devasting suspension failure." Vehicle is lowered although when I drive it dash displays "raising slowly." Tells me not to drive over 30 mph. Does not appear to be raising slowly or otherwise. Still runs OK but it does feel lower. The "lower" is true when I get in and out of vehicle. Nearest LR service is about 80 mi. away in Scarborough Maine. No local mechanic wants to touch it, and honestly, I agree with that. These are very special vehicles. My questions: Do I drive the 80 miles to Landrover Scarborough at 30mph or below on Route 95 or should I have it trucked down there?
P.S. I've had my LR for over a year, put 10K miles on it, and never had a problem before.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You had a air bag explode, you can order and replace yourself if you have ever replaced shocks before you can replace the airbags. For the cost of the Tow you can almost replace the airbag. Do not drive it as sadly the air pump is now running like mad and will burn the motor up if you keep using it with a bad airbag.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi