Hold my beer...LR4 gets stuck, goes viral

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sure you seen it...But if not, an LR4 got massively stuck at the beach. Went viral on social media. Got tagged a bunch as everyone I'm friends with knows I have a white one and drive it on the beach almost every day...not me though. Here is the video via Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BULCoNeDiyO/

My Instagram is @northbeachbrIan

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to need a mask and snorkel to air down the tires now.

I have to admit that I got stuck on the beach last summer. It hadn't rained for about a month and the sand was deep. I parked on a hill and had new Zeons which tend to dig more than float when new. As I stepped on the gas I just sunk. Got out, dropped the tire pressure to 20 and drove right out.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@PaulLR3 that happens to me every now and then but I carry a set of 4 treds pro recovery tracks and they pull me right out....But this dude went into the danger zone where that wet sand creates massive suction...he should've known better. I bet he threw it into low and dug himself even more in a act of desperation.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a longer video of this on Facebook. A tow truck pulled him out a short time later. Engine was making funny noises when he restarted it (I imagine quite a bit of saltwater in the engine bay and passenger side air intake), but he drove away unassisted.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was a snippet from the news. The lights flashing is probably just the LED effect on the camera, but the high pitch noise may be trouble - it looks like they stopped somewhere to check it out..

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 05:37PM
BERKELEY TWP., N.J. (WPVI) --
A few friends found themselves in quite an unusual situation during what was supposed to be a fun trip to the Jersey Shore.

They managed to get their SUV stuck in the edge of the surf at Island Beach State Park in Ocean County Tuesday afternoon.

And it seems gut instinct was to grab a shovel, which didn't help too much.

Witnesses Megan and Chris Gillich from Beachwood sent Action News video and pictures from the beach. They say they would have run up to help, if they didn't have their two young children with them.

The Land Rover's owner seemingly got stuck when the driver stopped so a passenger could take a picture of the ocean.

Park police and a tow truck eventually got the SUV out of the sand.

At first all appeared well, as the friends were able to drive off in the SUV.

But something wasn't quite right.

The headlights began to blink and the SUV made a high-pitched noise.

The Gillichs say the group didn't get very far. On their way home, they noticed the group stopped at a service station in Seaside park.​

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just desert / beach driving 101. You need to be very selecting where you choose to stop. Getting the big lump of an LR4 moving again can be tricky. Never stop on inclines or deep soft / wet sand. User error to the highest degree in this case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV