How is your new D5?

Discussion in 'Discovery 5' started by toddjb122, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Spyder13

Spyder13 New Member

This is my first LR4 after having two LR3's. I do travel a lot of dirt "roads" over the summer and love the ability to do so comfortably.
    However, as a mom, I sported two kids and two dogs in my previous LR's. Just was never a mini-van mom.
    Sorry you took offense at any previous posts. Glad you enjoy your new Land Rover.
    Also, great to know my LR4 has great retention value. I added an OEM ladder and short BajaRack. I had 36.8 mpg on my last 8 hour trip - mostly highway miles. I love, and have always loved, my LR's.

2. PaulLR3

PaulLR3 Full Access Member

Complete nonsense. Someone traded in a 2016 Landmark for a new D5 at the local LR dealer. They were asking $59K for the 2016 LR4 and had multiple buyers that wanted it the first day it was listed on their website. LR4's are certainly holding their value. As someone noted, just look at cars.com or autotrader to see the prices.

Spyder13 likes this.
  3. toddjb122

toddjb122 Full Access Member

Yup, same experience around here. The dealers all commented that they pretty quickly sold out of the remaining new inventory and the used market also benefitted.

Probably don't have to comment on that ridiculous post above, but I will anyway... Maybe she represents the new market LR is trying to hit. ? If you are still reading, maam, you are misinterpreting everyone. The frustration isn't that you will buy an ORV and not go offroad, it's with the vehicles & option packages LR is offering to those that want to go offroad. You can buy a tank and drive it to the mall if you want. Have at it! No judgment. But if you really think everyone else who drives their tanks into battle is a douche than you're the one with the attitude. Too bad you didn't hang around long enough to find out that the people here will help you with an interior lighting question just as enthusiastically as they will a winch and rock slider install.

mpribadi, Spyder13 and nhskibm like this.
  4. PaulLR3

PaulLR3 Full Access Member

Todd is correct. This forum has the nicest, most helpful people on it. Ask any question and someone will be right there to assist you. No judgement ever. We're glad you bought the D5 and are using it as you enjoy best.

Just don't go to an Audi S4 forum and post about puddle lights. Some of those members take apart their engines every weekend just for fun.

toddjb122 likes this.
  5. iSurfvilano

iSurfvilano Full Access Member

@Spyder13 I agree with @PaulLR3 here. I traded in my '16 LR4 HSE two weeks ago...I purchased it a year ago brand new for $54k, I traded it in to the same dealership with 22,000 miles and fresh full of mud for $52,500. They just sold it for $57k...

toddjb122 likes this.
  6. iSurfvilano

Funny. Good to know that "plain old women" are buying them as well, the point of the body style was to appeal to "average people", mission accomplished I suppose.

Happy you like the truck though.

toddjb122 likes this.
  7. Frank8

Frank8 Well-Known Member

Looked at the Discovery last week. I'm tall (6'4") and had to lower seat all the way to get in without hitting head. Sloping windscreen hampers viz. my head is too high for all this streamlining! Drives nicely, tho.

Dealer wanted my '16 LR4 with 9k on odometer. No transfer box. He said he just had one in trade hat sold within 3 days for 63K. It had 20K miles on it.

Frank

toddjb122 likes this.
  8. iSurfvilano

Your vehicle ('16 w/9k) is so valuable to them not only because it's sought after but because they can certify it with a 7yr/100k mile warranty. That's worth a lot to people.