How Many Miles Do You Have On Your Lr3 ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRB

Reaction score
Just want to get some feedback on higher mileage Lr3s. How do they run?? I want to see what the most miles on these trucks are so far?? Mines an 05 v8 and I have 78k. The truck is amazing runs amazing.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'05 V8 SE with 88.5k. Some rattles here and there (if anyone knows how to solve a back seat rattle, please let me know), but pulls strong and drives great.

Rix92x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
08 HSE with 28.6K....Runs fine, accelerates with a raspy exhaust sound...but under WOT sounds like a beast!

Kinda makes me wonder what a 400+ HP Jag would be like to drive as a commuter car :biggrin:

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
06 with 76k...put 34k on it last yr! Damn thats alot of gas fillups lol

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2008 LR3 HSE and just hit about 32k. I drove it down to Wilmington, DE on business on Wednesday and drove back Friday and had a blast driving, aside from the freaking traffic - and the a**hole idiot who flipped his loaded dump truck, spewing dirt on the NJ TPKE. It shut down the TPKE for 2 hours.
Otherwise, once I got used to the acceleration and braking I was weaving through traffic fairly well. My brush bar also saved my radiator on Friday from road debrise. Something metal came up from underneath the car in front of me - looked like a stick or a trash bag - and clanged off of the brush bar. When I looked at it this morning there was a chunk missing from it right on angle to pass between the plastic grills.
Love driving the LR3.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'05 V8 SE with 88.5k. Some rattles here and there (if anyone knows how to solve a back seat rattle, please let me know), but pulls strong and drives great.

06 SE V8 51K - no probs

I chased the back seat rattle for 6 months. The seat heater wiring loom was loose and rattled on the underside of the seat frame. I used hockey stick tape on the frame and pushed the clip back on the frame lip (you'll understand when you see it). I also zip tied the loom to the plastic module to help things out. The main culprit of my rattle was the attachment bolt tightness on the hinges of the seat. Flip the seats forward and the hinges are easy to see. After tightening them a couple of times, I found the squeaking still present. I realized that the bolts were actually too tight. I little silicone spray and slightly loosening the bolts (Torx T25 I believe) made the squeak/rattle go away. Finally!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV