How to change the battery in LR4 key fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vegastim

Reaction score
Anyone instruct me how to change the battery on LR4 key fob. I've looked on youtube, but only found videos for Range rover key fob. Thank you

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone instruct me how to change the battery on LR4 key fob. I've looked on youtube, but only found videos for Range rover key fob. Thank you

It is indeed described in the manual.
Press the top little black release button on the top side (opposite to the key ring).
At the same time pull on the metal side with key ring attached to it. Battery tray is in there.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I have not. But I will now. thank you for the reply. :smile:
It's far more fun to ask for help on the forum and build some bonding relationships than look through some boring handbook like a worm. :creep:

asadmansoory

Reaction score
Land Rover Flip key Battrey

Land Rover Flip Key has rechargeable sealed battery and its Flip Key is permanently sealed by its manufacturer. If you can arrange its replacement shell then you can break open its key to change its battery and then use new replacement shell / body to refit that key again.

Here is Video for this process:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM6SzJ3e4uE

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well done DIY video. There is nothing quite like 10-15 minutes of royalty-free muzak... :wink: Too bad the LR4 doesn't use that type of key fob. You should post this in the LR3 forum, as many owners need to cross that bridge, either their case is worn or that rechargeable battery is no longer charging after so many years (you can buy and solder a new one on the PCB while you are replacing the case, as shown.)

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the battery recharge? Movement? Love? I got two and only use one of them. Should I start alternating them?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Induction. The battery in the LR4 fob is not rechargeable though (but far, far easier to replace when it dies.)

franklin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Induction. The battery in the LR4 fob is not rechargeable though (but far, far easier to replace when it dies.)

yes-this is what I have heard as well-much better than the older flip key style that was on my LR3-where it was very difficult to replace without going to the dealer for a re-program.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi