How to remove side grille vents?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know to to remove the side air intake vents? I've searched online and came up empty. The only info I found was for LR3 and RR Sport and it seems the attachment is not the same as the LR4.

TheVid1

Reaction score
I struggled with this for a week! Finally found an easy way to do it. Open your hood, look down through the opening where the hood hinge is. Shine a flashlight down there and with a long flat head screwdriver you can press down on the back of the silver tabs holding the air vents in place.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took a small rope i had, looped it in and out then in one big tug popped it out. Seems scary at first, but it worked.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TheVid1 , I think your method is best if you need to recycle the vents. I was taking mine out to get them painted and this is exactly what we did.

The yank method works, but sometimes the plastic tabs break off. Not an issue if you are just swapping them out, but it is a risk if you plan on reinstalling.

I think it also depends how old the vehicle is and what kind of exposure it has had. Plastic gets more brittle (less pliable) as it gets older and is more likely to break/crack than flex, in my experience.

TheVid1

Reaction score
I took mine out and painted them black and then put them back in. This method saves the tabs so they don’t break off by yanking. The screwdriver is used to depress the tabs so you don’t have to yank it out and risk breaking them. Seems both methods work!

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the "yank" method (hahaha) on two separate LR4s to paint and put back. No issues with broken tabs...but after seeing the other method....I suggest doing that instead...it'll cause less stress

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA