How to reset fuel indicator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alika808

Reaction score
I can't find a topic how reset the fuel indicator if happen to disconnect the fuel pump connector without switching off the ignition key. I got this reference from the Workshop Manual pages 72. I appreciate for all input. Thank you.

"Should the fuel pump electrical connection need to be disconnected, it is imperative that the ignition should be switched off. If the ignition is on in any position the fuel gauge will memorise its last needle position prior to power down. Once power is restored the gauge will display the last remembered position regardless of the actual level of fuel in the tank. This will result in incorrect fuel gauge readings if the fuel tank has been drained and not filled worth exactly the same quantity of fuel that was removed."

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Generally you can either disconnect the battery long enough for the ECU to forget (this can take a couple hours, but can also cause issues with the remotes). The best way is to connect via Testbook or similar land rover specific computer and reset it.

alika808

Reaction score
I will try the first option since I don't have Testbook, I have only a generic OBD2 scanner. Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72