Hydraulic Jack Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be watching this. Are you asking about bottle jacks to keep in the rig or rolling floor jack style for the garage (or both). I remember seeing some threads about bottle jacks a while back but can't recall any clear winner.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be watching this. Are you asking about bottle jacks to keep in the rig or rolling floor jack style for the garage (or both). I remember seeing some threads about bottle jacks a while back but can't recall any clear winner.

nah, just looking for a good rolling jack so I can quickly rotate my tires or do work behind the wheels without having to use my spare tire jack. I've been told that you get what you pay for with some of these and was wondering if anyone had a good experience with one they use. I get mud caked in the calipers which causes squeaky brakes, so it'd be nice to be able to throw a jack under there and quickly take the wheel off to clean it up.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. A buddy of mine does small Brit roadster renovations as a hobby and has a great garage. I got a punctured tire one evening when I was by his place so I called him to ask for an assist in changing the tire. (anything is better than the cheesy scissor jack that LR ships with). He was amazed that my vehicle maxed out his 3 ton floor jack.

One of these days I need to invest in a bottle jack to store in the back. I have changed a tire on the un-level shoulder of a busy interstate before and it is no fun with the supplied jack. Yes I'm still ******** about that thing!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been looking myself for the last few days or so and for the exact same reason (rotating tires) and came across a couple of threads but yeah, no clear winner. So I was about to bring life to an older thread and saw this.

Damn! Maxing out 3-ton ones? I am trying to keep it under 50 to 60 pounds so I am able to lift it and tuck it away somewhere in my apt.

I had zeroed it down to the following guy which seems well-built, got the looks, and more importantly is spec'd as around 54 pounds for carrying but its a 3-ton capacity. Also, colorover bought it according to another thread, wonder how it fared for him:

Arcan.jpg

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had zeroed it down to the following guy which seems well-built, got the looks, and more importantly is spec'd as around 54 pounds for carrying but its a 3-ton capacity. Also, colorover bought it according to another thread,

My only concern is the maximum lift of that puppy, at just over 19" that may not quite be enough to get one (or two) wheels off the ground in a garage without some extra help (extension or wood block), especially if you are "wearing" oversized tires on your LR4. Otherwise, that looks good and lightweight.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If storage and portability are not an issue (it's bulky and pretty heavy), I recommend a cheapo model from Harbor Freight, it works great with the LR4 and it is less than $200. We use it in our warehouse for our cargo vans as well, and so far it's been very reliable: https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-daytona-professional-steel-service-jack-super-duty-63183.html

Also, quite unusual for a Harbor Freight product, it comes with a 3-year warranty.

I'm liking this option, seems pretty heavy duty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick