I am about to buy LR4 2016

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arabian Desert

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm a new member here and this is my first post.
I'm about to buy Land Rover LR4 2016.
I have seen a video about Rang Rover stuck in a deep sandy surface where the half of types are dipped in the sand. The driver used
All-Terrain Progress Control (ATPC) and the car simply moved out!
I have noticed that this system is not available on LR4.
1) Is there any reason for that? 2) Is there any other equivalent system in the LR4 if the same thing happened?

Also;
3) I would like to know what's the prons. & cons. of this car, on road and off road.
4) In the summer, it gets 50 c degree, can the car function normally in this degree as some of European cars can't stand this heat and have some engine cooling issues and A/C failure.

Thank you

Last edited:

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello. I live in Qatar and own a 2013 LR4, so may be able to answer some of your questions.

1 & 2) The LR4 has a Terrain Response system with a Sand mode. Personally, I pop it into Sand Mode and turn off traction control. As you likely know, sand / dune driving is all about correct tires, tires pressures, and speed & momentum. The LR4 is a very heavy truck and can't perform magic with the Terrain Response system. It is helpful, but can't defy physics. The ONLY two times I have ever been stuck in the dunes is when I have stopped to try and help other people get unstuck. That can be a credit to my driving or the LR4.. take your pick.

3) Pros: Very refined driving characteristics. An amazingly engineered off-road system with Terrain Response and Air Suspension. Cavernous space with all rows folded flat. 3rd row seating can fit 2 adults and folds entirely out of the way (unlike the Land Cruiser).

Cons: Very heavy - needs momentum to get up dunes. Very expensive maintenance and parts. Gas mileage is not good, but trivial with Middle East fuel prices. Sat Nav / Electronics are not as good as most premium models.

4) The desert heat is not an issue. I have never overheated, even when dune bashing. A/C is just as good as the day I bought the truck.

HELOFEX

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am new on the forum. Im from NY but I live in Abu Dhabi UAE :shakehand

I have a 2014 HSE LR4 that i bought here and I really love the car. I have been on the dunes only twice and got stuck a few times but Im sure its has to do with experience. With the price of gas here I really never pay attention to fuel consumption, what I love the most is the suspension and the space. I really hate the navigation system

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA