I decided to keep my LR4 after all.

Discussion in 'LR4' started by PaulLR3, Jul 4, 2017.

1. MST

MST Well-Known Member

I am keeping my '12 as well - I love the V8 compared to my 2 previous LR3's. I will get a used '16 before the new Discovery or start looking elsewhere.

2. horns

horns Active Member

next car is either a used G-wagon or the new defender. The defender is LR's last chance to stay true to its roots. No pressure LR.

iSurfvilano likes this.
  3. jpotter0

jpotter0 New Member

I guess I am going to keep my 1997 Defender 90 forever, barring a catastrophic accident. I had a rebuilt 4.6 L engine installed after 270,000 miles, and replaced or refurbished other major power train components. The Rover shop declared it good for another 270,000 miles. AT age 76 I'm pretty sure I don't have 270,000 miles left in me.

Ben Myton and DaJammer like this.
  4. AxelR

AxelR Full Access Member

It looks like I just posted our LR4 up for sale. See classified section if interested. Photos to come.

5. rickyn f355

rickyn f355 Full Access Member

i'm keeping out 13 forever as well. new discovery was a disappointment given the 2nd row seat mobility was eliminated. My wife wants a white lr4 so i'm having it wrapped this week. 63k happy miles and counting and ive owned it from day 1. how can i beat that?

6. BJ021

BJ021 New Member

I've had an MB GL, BMW X5 and now an LR4. For loading purposes, zero beats the LR4. Nearly perfect for loading fairly large heavy loads - in the cargo or pulling. The MB was not bad, but not as good, I did have the diesel and the towing was terrific. The BMW was too small. I can't for the life of me figure out why every foreign SUV maker hasn't figured out the Yukon/Suburban customer and made a larger SUV?! I don't ever want a Suburban, however I want space and power. The Disco 5 is a joke compared to the LR4. I am 6'3" and I can't walk under the tailgate when it is fully opened. Automatic deal killer. It's just a grand touring van with doors now. I'm happy I found a super clean LR4 Lux when I did. Best decision I have made in a long time with regards to cars/trucks.