I have no idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ladiesman1

Reaction score
Are you sure you put the spark plug wires on correctly? Right coil to cylinder?
I did them one on a time so not to have that problem I put the copper stuff on the tread and the electrical grease stuff on the tip before connection

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you did them did you make sure the spark plug cables clicked in all the way on the coils?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
After rereading this, how long after you added the oiled type air filter did the issues start? The reason I ask is they tend to **** MAF sensors if over oiled. I would remove that and buy a plain ordinary air filter and clean your MAF with MAF cleaner. All issues are related to the MAF sensor being dirty or bad.

Ladiesman1

Reaction score
When you did them did you make sure the spark plug cables clicked in all the way on the coils?
Yes I did but I'm going to double check but this problem was goin on before I changed the Sparks

Ladiesman1

Reaction score
After rereading this, how long after you added the oiled type air filter did the issues start? The reason I ask is they tend to **** MAF sensors if over oiled. I would remove that and buy a plain ordinary air filter and clean your MAF with MAF cleaner. All issues are related to the MAF sensor being dirty or bad.
well it's had this filter for awhile with no problems do you think it will still cause a problem

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it wouldn't hurt to pull it and drop a standard one in. then clean the MAF. The MAF can get dirty all on its own so a good cleaning now and then is not a bad idea, because it can cause all the problems you said your having.

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not too bad, I changed mine about 3 months ago and I have secondary air. I also didn't remove my intake manifold. Took me about 5 hours.

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is leading you to believe it is the coils? Have you had the codes read and there were coil specific codes? I would start with the basic stuff first and work your way through. Did you remove the filter and clean the MAF? While it was off did you look at and clean the throttle body? All can make a big difference in the problem your having.

Pick the things you wish to throw money at on a rover because other wise you will run out of money before you run out of problems.

Ladiesman1

Reaction score
What is leading you to believe it is the coils? Have you had the codes read and there were coil specific codes? I would start with the basic stuff first and work your way through. Did you remove the filter and clean the MAF? While it was off did you look at and clean the throttle body? All can make a big difference in the problem your having.

Pick the things you wish to throw money at on a rover because other wise you will run out of money before you run out of problems.
I took it to two different mechanics and they both confirmed it

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA