IID Tool question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can the auto rain sensing wipers be turned off to old school manual on/off with adjustable frequency? I looked at the Gap Diagnostics options and I don't see wipers listed.

Rain sensor can be disabled with IIDTool (Car Config > BCM > Rain Sensors), but honestly I don't know if that would work - never tried. As the car has a single sensor for rain and light (the latter used by the auto headlamps), turning off the rain sensor may have other collateral and undesired effects... Or no effect at all. The good news is that you can always revert back to enabling the sensor if that messes up your auto headlamps.

Yes, wipers can be made to behave 'old school' standard intermittent adjustable simply on the stalk by twisting the frequency selector. This really annoyed me that the selector made zero difference with the software choosing for me and often too fast for my preference.

My bmw has rain sensing but it also allows me to adjust that frequency on top of it. It's much nicer, and I can also just have the feature on/off by pressing it in. How cheap were these rover engineers?!!!
At least the lr4 finally got one touch down rear windows. However, again, my bmw has one touch down of course but also up for all windows.

Rover gets the win on dipping both side mirrors when reversing though while my bmw is only passenger side ;)

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old(ish) thread. Can anyone confirm if the suspension can be adjusted independently (each corner)?

Using the IID Tool to level the cab for overnights is one of the features I think could be the most useful.
Yes, you could, but it might be just about as quick to use blocking like a RV would :)

However, I'm going to explore this idea of yours as it's more likely to camp on a slope than perfectly flat which is nicer for roof tent use.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t apologise, I’m interested too:). Can this thing turn down the beeping sound when reversing? I have good hearing and it drives me nuts...
I've heard others complain about the reverse beep but nobody got it turned off or down that I recall. I've tried to just turn it off without luck.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can turn it down with the radio volume knob. But that's not permanent, just for the one time. I am not sure if the IID tool does it, I'll try to take a look.

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, it’d be nice to know. Because yeah, you can turn it down but ”one time” doesn’t even mean an entire parking operation, only the 2 m that you do in reverse, and then for the 1 m you forward, it becomes loud again… Like, some beeps never learn:).

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, yeah, stupid beeps! Well I checked and didn't see anything to turn it off. But that doesn't mean it isn't in there. I suck at using that tool. Anyway, you know you can at least turn the volume setting down a little in the nav screen menu, right?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can adjust individual corners.

But your LR4 should be leveling itself automatically anyway.

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see… Thanks, I’ll try fiddling with the settings. And if it doesn’t work, one day I’ll just grab some mighty scissors and ****** the cable that runs to that nasty loudspeaker:)!

Ben Myton

Reaction score
However, I'm going to explore this idea of yours as it's more likely to camp on a slope than perfectly flat which is nicer for roof tent use.

But your LR4 should be leveling itself automatically anyway.

The idea of leveling for the roof top tent was the primary reason for the question, I hadn't realized that the system would attempt to automatically level. This has me wondering what the range of that automatic system is, and how it functions.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The idea of leveling for the roof top tent was the primary reason for the question, I hadn't realized that the system would attempt to automatically level. This has me wondering what the range of that automatic system is, and how it functions.

I'll throw several hundred pounds of landscaping bricks in the back of mine from the local Home Depot. The back will sag as I load it up, but when I turn the vehicle on the computer registers the condition and airs up the back until it's all on the level. Sometimes it can be an inch or more.

Works great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV