IID Tool updated current sites?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elinders

Reaction score
I got a quote of $400 plus programming $ to get a new remote for our 2011 LR4 from the dealer. Then $90 to get the blade cut. Then I got a quote from a locksmith of $280 for programming but he isn't quite sure he can do it (??). So I would have to get a key on eBay for $40-$80 bucks and then hope he is able to program it.

After those options I am thinking of just getting the IID tool and being done with it. I don't really tinker much with my vehicles but I would use it for the digital speedo, the windows up option and little things like that so I guess it would be worth it.

Island 4x4 has it for $423 after exchange and I am waiting on a shipping quote. LRdirect has them but they are out of stock. Those are the two I have seen mentioned here besides Lucky8 but they want $570 just to be stateside apparently.
Any places I am missing?

Am I thinking correctly that I'm better off getting for ~$450 I can get the tool and then find a remote on eBay so let's call it $500 I would be good to go and have the options of tinkering with the truck vs $400+ from a dealer or $350 from a locksmith and then all I have is a remote and that's it.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The $570 quote from Lucky 8 sounds like the bluetooth model; is that what you are being quoted from Island 4x4?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea. You'll still need the blade insert cut by a locksmith, IIDTool won't do that for you. ;) Otherwise, reprogramming a used, compatible remote to work on the LR4 is scary easy with the IIDTool - literally. I wonder how easy it would be for an electronically proficient thief to clone one of these fobs if he could have access to a working unit for a couple of minutes... Both styles will work (the older chunky one and the newer slim one) from a variety of vehicles: LR4, Range Rover Sport, Evoque, etc.

Last edited:

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The $570 quote from Lucky 8 sounds like the bluetooth model; is that what you are being quoted from Island 4x4?

Here is the page from Lucky 8's website:

http://www.lucky8llc.com/collections/diagnostics-10/t-lr4+ac1-accessories-+ac2-diagnostics-

$579 for bluetooth; $458 for non-bluetooth

Here's Island 4x4's:

http://www.island-4x4.co.uk/integra...411-da6412-da6413-da6414-tfiidbt-p-27303.html

Which is $424 for the bluetooth model.

Let us know what shipping comes back at from them.

Elinders

Reaction score
Yes I am looking at the Bluetooth model, sorry I should have clarified. Looks like I have my answer assuming Island comes back with a reasonable quote. I don't need it rushed so I can't imagine it being an issue as mentioned. I actually like the older style one that came with our model year, going to stick with it.
And I am going to skip the blade. We only have 1 remote and I just want a spare to have.

I will update when/if I get the quote from Island.
Thanks guys.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is a good source for extra remotes? I always kind of liked the look of the older clunky one. Might be fun to have one.

I think I will finally pick up an IID tool.. the price from Island is not horrible, but still up there. I've been waiting a long time and hoping the price goes down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV