Indy shop/Private Mechanics in NYC?

Discussion in 'LR4' started by jlach993, May 16, 2018.

1. jlach993

jlach993 Active Member

Hello all, I have a 2011 LR4 with 74k miles. I've always had previous issues with my landy handled by the Glen Cove dealership out in Long Island. Now that i'm out of a warranty and I need the upcoming 75k differential and transfer case fluid swap done, can anyone recommend a good indy shop or private mechanic in the five boroughs or Long Island? I'm not really comfortable with doing differential/tranny work myself. I did a Yelp search and found a limited list of shops that actually do work on Rovers. Let me know people! I really appreciate it.

2. ryanjl

ryanjl Full Access Member

The differential and transfer case fluid change is a fairly easy job, as far as those things go. I would guess any competent mechanic could do it.

The key is to make sure they use the correct fluids. If you can find a mechanic that lets you supply your own parts, Atlantic British sells the fluids you'd need.

3. jlach993

jlach993 Active Member

I would try it, but i don't even have jack stands, a pumping tool to put the oil in, and i heard the front skid plate is hell to get off. Maybe if i hear the prices to do the job, it'll motivate me to do it myself LOL.

4. jmars

jmars Active Member

I’d give RoverTek in Babylon a ring..

5. iconoclast

iconoclast Full Access Member

Please check your private messages. I sent you a referral.

6. rickyn f355

rickyn f355 Full Access Member