Infotainment problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check for any DTC codes being thrown?

Lin bus errors?

Shot%202017-01-04%20at%2012.56.13%20PM_zpsm4b1wrxu.png

The default state for any of those physical buttons should be 'off'.. so if most of all those buttons are acting flakey I doubt it is the switch, more likely the module itself has some type of issue.

Jovbmw

Reaction score
I finally had the chance to check DTC codes on the lr4 and under the audio front control module using my icarsoft I found 3 codes , B1D21 remote control switch, U2100 initial configuration is not complete,U0159 lost communication with parking assist control module which I don't know the correlation, I reset the codes but the B1D21 stays, once drive for more than an hour and into a stop and play with the buttons it will start to act up as described and the 2 later codes will appear. I am thinking that the front control module is the culprit which I don't know the location or are there any other things to look at? Thoughts and suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jovbmw

Reaction score
I made an appointment with my local land Rover dealership to have them check the issue, I will update once I will find out. I have an aftermarket warranty (GM major guard) hopefully it will be covered, I don't daily the lr4 or else the issue will drive me nuts.

Jovbmw

Reaction score
I brought my vehicle to land Rover Rochester NY yesterday, I explained to the service manager the issue. Tech check the vehicle 2 hrs after arrival and 2 hrs later I was told that they can't duplicate the problem. I asked if there's any dtc fault and they said there is none I told them that I am getting a dtc fault from my reader and and even showed them the pictures that I took, they at least upgraded the software and only charge me 1/2 an hour for the service. I suspect that they clear the dtc fault and just upgraded the software. Advice me to leave the vehicle in the dealership if the issue will come back. Drove back for 2 hours and half way home the issue came back. It started with the paired phone dialing on its own and the rest followed. Navigation did work although it will direct you to a longer route if you are not familiar where you going I check the dtc code when I got home and the b1d21 (audio remote control switch ) is present, weird thing is that I managed to clear it and everything went back to normal. I will drive it again when the weather is nicer and see how it goes. I will also try not to pair a phone this time to eliminate the bluetooth if that is what creating the issue

Jovbmw

Reaction score
A quick update, dealership changed steering wheel control buttons a few months ago and I thought that did it because it didn't act up for a while but lately it started to act up again. I wonder if there is a way to disable the voice command as a start, I can tolerate not having the radio on but sporadic voice command initiating in its own is annoying. Any input is appreciated

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sad that the dealer was so unwilling to help you more with this...

Just sounds like a bad switch that keeps firing when you don't want it. Either the module for the steering wheel controls is bad or one of the switches that feed into it. I'd unplug the switches and start with that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut