Intelligent Start/Stop MIA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Longhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ours stopped working as well some time ago. Can't say when. We hated it and would always turn it off as soon as we got in the car. I remarked to my wife last week that I noticed we no longer have to turn it off because it's always off. Will probably, begrudgingly, have it looked at when we take our truck in for it's next scheduled service.

machmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did this as well. A humidity sensor and some other related programming needed updating. I would get it fixed annoying as it is, the underlying issues may lead to other problems if not addressed.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2015 did the same thing as described by OP. It ended up being a faulty module that controls the system. Fixed under warranty of course. I sure enjoyed the few months of no ECO nor Amber light! A few weeks ago I tried duplicating the scenario by disconnecting a few of the fuses in the ECO battery compartment, there's a small box under the ECO battery cover that holds 4 fuses. Unfortunately this threw the Amber ECO light on immediately. I even tried disconnecting the two wire harnesses within the same compartment. I have settled for the ECO battery disconnected and will live with the Amber light until one of us can crack the code!

Do you by chance have a copy of the repair invoice? I have asked IID tool maker GAP about an update for this. Patrick says the ISS is controlled only by the ecu, no special controller.

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would try the load test...kind of curious as well. I have same vintage and mileage and my start/stop quit a while ago with the same lack of faults and warning lights.

UPDATE: I had my LR4 at the dealer for service a few weeks ago. I had a funky terrain response display (fixed by "software update") that I wanted the service advisor to check out. When he came back to the counter after starting the engine he said, "I noticed your start/stop is not working; do you want us to take a look at it?". Long story short, I said only if there was a possibility it was causing other problems. He: a) assured me it is not related to anything else and is a separate module, b) said failures are very common, and c) told me they now ask the owners if they want it fixed because they know some people "really hate it".

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you by chance have a copy of the repair invoice? I have asked IID tool maker GAP about an update for this. Patrick says the ISS is controlled only by the ecu, no special controller.

Here it is.

Attachments

• 2015 LR4 .pdf
    885 KB · Views: 58

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Waterndirt!

Seems that the replaced part, Power Distribution Box LR067367, is about $700. One really wonders if one flaky connection (to the ISS) there would not predict future, more serious, problems...this despite TCM75's service advisor's statement.

Is there a wiring diagram out there somewhere without a TOPIX subscription?

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after seven months missing, new battery last week brought it back! It was not a reboot as I kept a booster on during the change. I did however run the battery management routine in the IIDTool on the new battery.
Go figure...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV