Issues with my 2006 LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best batteries I’ve ever had after years of Optima deep cycle not even holding up long enough: Odessey deep cycle. For Lr3 factory slot, 1750 fits perfectly.

It May also drop right in to the house battery location but you can modify the box by relocating the pump forward and get the biggest Odessey possible in there 2150 if you also approach the terminals laterally instead of from top. Stud has to be cut down a little too.

My lr3 sits often when out of town or just using the other cars more and the 2150 has been in 10 yrs with 1750 in starting position about 3-4 yrs now.

Also use “hunting” mode for interior lights if opening car a lot without running it. Lights stay off then unless manually turned on-just don’t forget to turn off as well !

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to think the interior lights being on for a bit after shutting the door was a big deal and I opted to hold down the center switch and make that not the default...but recently I learned that the LR3's systems "wake up" any time there is a state change for the door, so there is going to be a current draw for ~25min anyway, regardless of the dome light.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well obviously there won't be nearly as much draw w all the lights off vs on.... i replaced most of mine w led though so it's much less of an issue now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick