land rover overdrive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P

pete1906

can anyone help me , i have bought a land rover series and it has a overdrive and i am not too sure what this is used for

N

napotnik

overdrive

use it just like shifting any other gear. it has three selections - disengage + neutral + engaged.. cheers.

T

tuko

The overdrive is used for splitting the 3rd and 4th gears. For in town driving, if 4th is to high and 3rd is too low, splitting 3rd usually gives the desired rpm and performance.

Also, using the overdrive in 4th, on the highway, will help fuel economy and your sanity. The rpm's will drop approx. 800 rpm's, while holding the same speed. OR, you can go faster, at the same rpm's.:proud:

Todd.

V

Varan

The overdrive is there to emit an incredibly distressing piercing screaming noise, as if someone dropped a shard of steel into a high speed mixer.

Do not be alarmed, as this is perfectly normal.

The function of this is to make you slow down. This, in turn, will give you the illusion of better fuel consumption.

The secondary function of the overdrive unit is to give the illusion of improved performance, however, this only works in the same way youths stick go-faster stripes and make their exhausts louder to their Chevy Novas. You know it's there, so it must DO something, right? It cost $400! It has to DO something!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV