Lean/Tilt to the Right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E

ethek

I just purchased a restored Series III, Lots of minor/major parts were completely redone and I have the paperwork, but I, well he hasnot me, appear to have started leaning to the right. It is a RHD 1977 with 27k miles on the veh. The chassis is orginal but the leaf springs and all attaching hardware is new, is this a settling issue, common, or is the chassis torqued? I want to say the chassis is true, or at least tested true to my knowledge. History of the vehicle is very light driving on a farm in the northern UK maybe 23k worth. first owner died as he was old. 2nd owner used to work with 1st owner and bought the landrover with intention to restore. 2nd owner became very ill and sold the vehicle and I bought it off of the restoring company. I dont remember it leaning when I bought it.

Any comments or help in correcting the issue, if its correctable would be really cool.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Welcome to the forum. We will help you as much as we can! The springs could look new, but really could be old. What side does it lean to?

E

ethek

I'm guessing that they are new as they still have the barcode paper on them. Yes a malovent person could fake it but, new springs and attachment hardware.

Leans to the right, maybe 2-3 inches...

Thanks for the welcome!

bhodisatva

Reaction score
Sounds like the springs have been put on the wrong side. Most springs are handed and the drivers side should when viewed from behind or the front sit higher than the passenger side.

T

tuko

I have to agree with our moderator, the springs are most likely on the wrong side.
Land Rover adds more of an arch to the springs that sit on the driver side, to compensate for the extra weight of the fuel tank and the driver.

If they are new, then look for a part number on the underside of the spring pack, then compare the numbers in your parts manual.

Cheers,
Tuko.

T

Thek25

Ok finally did it and changed the springs, leveled it right out. Shocks may be a bit weak but hard to tell with new springs.

K

KevinCostaRica

Mine Tooooo!

Hi there all From Costa Rica, Central America. I'm new to the site.

My S3 is leaning also to the right side. I I made it a convertable and installed parbolics.

But noticed that the axle is like sticking out 1-inches on the driver side. So it could be that the Axle is not true. and Thus looks uneven.

It should be easy to fix by a local spring shop or good mechanic. Unless your willing to try it out.

good Luck,

Kevin

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV